Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yellow chrysanthemum


I was not having a good day yesterday. I can't really put down in words and on the internets all that was going on in my head. But it just wasn't my greatest. After having had dinner with the girls, I realised I had enough money for a three blocks taxi ride, so I went for a bus instead.

Waiting and waiting and waiting.

It was enough to start going through my thoughts all over again. It was dark, past midnight and I was getting a bit stressed. After 51 MINUTES of being alone with my thoughts, a guy out of nowhere comes along with a bouquet of flowers. I started getting paranoid, wishing he'd go away as he stops two feet away from me. He turns around and hands me a yellow flower. I said "thank you" two or three times, and he didn't say a word, he just smiled and left. And there I was, standing by the sidewalk in the middle of the night, and I was speechless. I couldn't hold back the tears and at that moment all of my problems and worries got solved.

So this is a big THANK YOU to that guy who last night at 12.51 was walking around the city with a bouquet of flowers. Never underestimate the kindness of strangers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D

P said...

That is so touching! I am constantly moved by the kindness of strangers. So glad your stranger made you feel better.

Susanita said...

Got home realllly late.... got "social commitments" today.... I still wanna know if ur alridht.... just call for coffee gal!!!

Mary Loneliness said...

unbelievable!