Monday, October 27, 2008

Museo Larreta {Jardín andaluz}


I don't know why, but lately I can't read in bed at night anymore... I just fall asleep by the time I hit the third line, so I've got to get creative on beautiful afternoons where I would just read in bed, but I know I want to make the most of the sun and the great temperatures we've been having these past few days.

So yesterday I took off with my camera and a book to the Museo Enrique Larreta, the Museum of Spanish (from Spain) Art of the city of Buenos Aires. They have this amazing Andalucian style garden adjacent to the house that's just great to go to for a walk, take hundreds of pictures or just sit under the shade and read by the fountain. The jasmin, fruit trees, bushes and roses generate an ambience that is abosultely enticing. And the many trees all around the garden provide a great cool shade, even if the scorching heat is right outside the garden walls.

The museum in itself is not very large, but they have lovely literary expositions, and for the 1$peso entrance fee I highly recommend it!




No sé por qué, pero últimamente no puedo leer en la cama a la noche... para cuando llegué al tercer renglón ya me quedé dormida, así que tengo que ser un poco más creativa estas tardes lindísimas donde me gustaría quedarme en la cama leyendo, pero sé que en realidad está bueno aprovechar el sol y el clima genial que estamos teniendo estos últimos días.

Así que ayer me fui con mi cámara y un libro al Museo Enrique Larreta, el Museo de Arte Español de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires. Al lado de la casa hay un jardín andaluz increíble y que está buenísimo para ir a caminar, sacar cientas de fotos o sentarse en la sombra y leer un buen libro. El aroma a los jasmines, árboles frutales, arbustos y rosales es genial y los árboles que hay en el jardín generan un clima súper templado, por más que detrás de los muros del museo haga un calor infernal.

El museo en sí mismo no es muy grande, pero tiene unas exposiciones literarias muy buenas, y por la entrada que vale 1$ es super recomendable para darse una vuelta!


Photo credits: Me.

No comments: