Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The world through my real eyes

This is how my night vision works (pretty much) - Photo by moS., via WeHeartIt

Yesterday I had a full physical exam, and by the time I visited the oftalmologist she made me take off my glasses and read whatever the Snellen chart said. This is how it went:

Doc: Okay, take off you gasses and tell me which is the first row you can read properly.
Me: I can't see any of the rows, I can barely distinguish the first row...
Doc: What? Which one? (pointing at the chart) Which one do you see properly?
Me: Neither, I can barely see the first row, the big ones...
Doc: (staring at me in utter annoyment) Just tell me the number of the row you can see...
Me: I CAN'T SEE ANY OF THEM!!
Doc: (stares in utter disbelief) Oh... and with your glasses??
Me: (I put them back on) Yeah, I can even see the fine print now!

Frustrating... I know. On the other hand... you have to agree I have a fantastic night vision!!


Snellen chart, via Wiki

Ayer me hice un examen clínico completo, y cuando llegué a la oftalmóloga me pidió que me sacara los anteojos y que leyera lo que había en la tabla Snellen. La conversación fue algo así:

Dra: Sacate los anteojos y decime cuál es la primer fila que podés leer bien.
Yo: No veo ninguna, apenas puedo distinguir algunas letras de la primera, las más grandes...
Dra: Qué? Cual? (señalando la tabla) Cuál ves bien?
Yo: Ninguna, apenas puedo ver la primer fila...
Dra: (hartándose) Sólo decime el número de la fila que podés ver...
Yo: NO PUEDO VER NINGUNA!!
Dra: (no lo puede creer) Ah... y con los anteojos??
Yo: (me los vuelvo a poner) Sí, ahora hasta veo la letra chica!

Sí, ya sé... es re frustrante. Por otro lado... no pueden negar que mi visión nocturna es genial!!

2 comments:

Mary Loneliness said...

Sí, no es desesperante??? a mi me pasó y sentía que la mina me estaba tomando el pelo!!! Decí que el ser humano brillantemente inventó los lentes de contacto, sino ya me imagino como Sawyer...

Petits détails said...

Hahaha si!! Yo me tengo que hacer nuevos todavía!! Veremos... quiero cambiar el marco también.