Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On the way to work {Retiro}

Palermo horse race tracks (from the train)

Monumento a los Ingleses

Av. Leandro N. Alem

Torre de IBM

Consultatio & Sun buildings

Microsft building

This is the bit of the neighbourhood of Retiro I get to see every morning on my way to work. Most people detest working downtown, but I'm absolutely in awe: by the people, the antique and modern buildings, the gorgeous (?) Retiro Train Station, everyone rushing to get to work around 9am, disappearing into the massive glass buildings... What isn't there to love? I get to work on a simple version of La Defense, and I love it!


Este es un pedacito del barrio de Retiro que veo todas las mañanas en el camino al trabajo. La mayoría odia tener que trabajar en el centro, pero a mí me encanta: la gente, los edificios antiguos y modernos, el lindísimo (?) edificio de la Estación de Trenes Retiro, todos corriendo para llegar a la oficina a las 9 de la mañana, desapareciéndo en los gigantescos edificios de vidrio... Qué no hay que querer? Me toca trabajar en una versión más simple de La Defense, y me encanta!


Photo credits: Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does get really crazy, but I am also in LOVE with this city... HOw can we not be?